You Can Help!
El Caldito is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We welcome financial donations, in-kind donations of food, supplies, reusable items, and donations of your time.
Please click the Donate button at the right to send us a financial donation electronically, or you can mail your financial donations to the address at the right. Your donations are tax deductible.
We always welcome donations of food, supplies, and reusable goods. They can be delivered to the kitchen door
- Monday through Friday
- 8 AM to 11 AM
- 1 PM to 3 PM
- Saturday and Sunday
- 8 AM to 11 AM
Food items of special need on a regular basis are
- Canned goods
- Dry goods
- Fresh produce
Please note that New Mexico Environment Department regulations prohibit us from using home-prepared foods.
Supply items of special need include the following:
- Gallon -size zippered freezer-grade plastic bags
- Sandwich-sized folding top plastic bags
- Individual-serving packets – sugar, salt, pepper
- Black markers – permanent and dry-erase
- 8 oz hot/cold cups
- Disposable food-handling gloves – all sizes
Your donations are tax deductible, please ask for a receipt when you bring us in-kind donations.
- Glass jars – wide mouth with lids – for carry-out soup
- Plastic grocery bags – for carry-out seconds
- Small rags to wipe tables – face cloths
- Used aprons
Financial donations can be mailed to:
El Caldito Soup Kitchen
PO Box 2833
Las Cruces NM 88004
Donations of Time and Services
- Kitchen workers
- Food Rescue (transporting food donations from commercial community sources to the kitchen)
- Electrical Services
- Heavy cleaning
- Vehicle maintenance
To learn more about volunteering, please click HERE.